Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Bugalicious!


happy third birthday
BUGALICIOUS
(yes, that is our nickname for little Justus)


 Three years ago, today, our lives became more enriched, more blessed as we welcomed our sweet Justus.  We had no idea he had an 'extra something special'. We had no idea that you also had a heart condition known as Tetrology of Fallot. We had no idea that we were beginning a most amazing journey.

 I am so glad that God knows exactly what we need, even though we may think otherwise. Truth be told, we needed you Justus. We needed the challenges to pray fervently, as we never had before, when we were presented with almost losing you after your open heart surgery. 
We needed the sheer joy that we experience every time you reach a new milestone. We needed to know a deeper benevolent spirit as a family. We needed to know the absolute stance of protecting EVERY life - even when the world may think it absurd. We needed you sweetheart, and God knew it. I'm so glad He knows better than us.

 Justus, you have opened SO many people's hearts and minds to the world of special needs. You have broken down false perceptions by the simple smile you offer strangers. I have watched as countenances have changed so quickly as you reach out to those around you. You have taught me some very sweet and special lessons as well.

 I don't take life so flippantly anymore. You have taught me how very special life is. A precious gift, not to be taken for granted. I thought I had truly upheld the sanctity of life prior to your arrival, but ... I learned a whole new facet to that very basic conviction.

 Justus, I love you so very much. 

I am so grateful to God for allowing you to be in our family. 

 Happy third birthday Bugalicious!!!




In honor of Justus' birthday - we are posting this link:  http://reecesrainbow.org/19021/nico-14g
In hopes that little Nico (who also has a birthday in May) will be able to celebrate his next birthday and be just as happy as our Justus too!

1 comment:

Tom and April said...

Happy Birthday Justus! We love you and are thankful for your life and the lesson of fervent prayer that I was taught after your heart surgery. We love you so much...xoxo. So glad we got to celebrate with you and give you all the cheetos you want :)

 




  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP