Monday, April 25, 2011

A Delay

First, I am hoping all of you had a wonderful weekend celebrating the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ. He has risen - he has risen indeed! We had ... an eventful Easter. The morning started with a very sweet friend coming from the nursery up to the youth class where I was to tell me Justus did not look right. The right side of his face was super swollen with a hard knot right in his upper jaw area that was HUGE. So ... not knowing what it was, and not wanting to take any chances - away to the ER we went. The conclusion: a swollen parotid gland. I had no clue there was such a gland - or that it could swell. No fever - just watch it for a couple of days. Feeling relieved, but a little like it was a trip for naught - we made the forty minute drive home to join up with family for lunch.

As we were winding down from visiting with family and packing kids and all their stuff up, little Ivanna decided she wanted to follow Daddy into another room. Daddy didn't know she was doing so, and shut the door behind him. Yes, you guessed it. Her finger was in the way. This is an older home with super heavy solid wood doors. As soon as Phillip heard her moan, he opened the door and our sweet Ivanna was there. It was a horrible picture and my heart sank. I was useless and a pool of tears as the ambulance was called. Her finger tip looked to be hanging and there was a lot of blood. The paramedics wrapped it and away we drove ... back to the same ER.

Ivanna's finger required seven stitches. It was a partial amputee with an open break. The tip had broken. She is fine now, on antibiotics and Ibuprofen for pain. Still seems to be bleeding a bit though. *sigh* She is such a little flower of a girl, it was terrible to watch her in pain.

All this to say ... I need to take this day and love on my babies. I will announce the winners on Wednesday. I hope you all understand. I am excited to see who the winner is and am so grateful to all of you for your support. Have a great day!

10 comments:

Sherry Noland said...

The story of Ivannna made me cry. Her poor little finger, and the pain she must have felt. I pray that it heals quickly. I also pray that Justus heals quickly, also. Wow! What an Easter!

Grace said...

Oh your poor children, especially Ivanna! I'll be praying for all of you, you do need a day to rest.

Mama Nuke said...

Poor little Ivanna. I bet you are wiped out from the excitement as well and still having to care for them. Wish I was there to visit and help out a little. Give Justus and Ivanna extra kisses from me and all the kiddos hugs. We sure missed you guys yesterday(a little more than most days:) ) Love and prayers to you.

The Potvin Crew said...

I'll be praying for Justus and Ivanna... remembering the pain with my finger last year when my ring got caught ... I'm thinking mine was nothing compared to hers ... extra prayers that it heals soon. Love, Grace

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

Oh dear! Poor Ivanna breaks my heart!! No fair, no fair, no fair...that some children have so much pain. Prayers for quick healing for both children.

Rochelle said...

Oh Charrissa,
I am so sorry to hear about your day! Praying for sweet Ivana's pain and that her finger heals well and that Justus' gland is healed too.
Lifting you all up,

Garth and Becky said...

Oh no!!!!! What a rough day!!!! I hope things have settled down and you are able to just sit and love on everybody today. You are a great momma!!!

csmith said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your babies. I hope they both feel better soon. When my daughter was just 2 her brother shut her finger in a door hinge and cut off the tip of her pinkie at the joint. It was reattached in the ER. Her nail originally fell off completely and now grows a little funny on that finger but 6 yrs later you really can't even tell.

Mcarthur Mile said...

O no! poor baby. We left early, but I guess we would have not seen you at church anywoo. I will be praying for them to heal quickly. And for better answers for Justus. It was great to see you guys( even if it was for a few min) yesterday. can't wait to meet up at the water from....if it ever warms up!

Jenny said...

Oh dear! So sorry you all had to go through that! But glad to hear all are doing well now. Poor Phillip and dear Ivanna! Give those kiddos an extra squeeze!

 




  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP