Thursday, August 26, 2010

Status Update ~

Just a real quick post:
We received a notice from USCIS just a couple days ago that is basically a receipt in acknowledgment of our I-600a application. Great news. Well, today we received our biometric (fingerprinting) appointments - scheduled for September 21st, 2010. This is great, but I am praying and hoping for an opportunity for an earlier appointment. I went ahead and wrote and email to the USCIS asking for a sort of medical expedite (due to Ivanna's heart condition). We will see. God can do anything and we are praying for an expedited approval from USCIS. Matthew and Ivanna's country closes down for holiday between November and February. They take no new submissions during this time. If we do not get our dossier in country by October, we very well may not be submitted until February. This means we would have to re-do most of our dossier - as the E.European country we seek to adopt from considers documents older than five months at time of submission to be expired.
~~~~ Asking for prayer~~~~
Please pray that someone will have mercy at the USCIS and allow us to move forward expeditiously. That we would be able to mail our dossier in enough time to be submitted to the SDA by November deadline. PLEASE pray for this.
On another note: I just had thirteen documents notarized yesterday (some re-do's from before) Phillip had four documents notarized during the day - and so now .....
... we only have THREE documents left to fulfill our dossier!!!! WOW! This includes our pending I-171H approval from USCIS. I am so totally in shock. Did not expect that we were getting that close. What about finances - you ask? Well, God has been showing and proving to us that He is indeed in the provision business. We have complete peace that the funds needed to complete this adoption will be in place just as He sees fit. Praising the Lord for all He has provided and allowed us to complete thus far...
One more thing: we did need to email our social worker for the revision of something in our homestudy. It is fine for the USCIS - but needs to have a correction made prior to mailing it out of country. Hopefully that revision will be made, homestudy will be re-notarized and mailed to me by next week ...

7 comments:

Tom and April said...

Praise the Lord..Chrissy!! Wow, everything is coming together and I know God's timing is perfection, so only time will tell when these babies will make it safely home. Will be praying as much as I can remember in the next week for all things! Love you guys!

Luba said...

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth!" - Ps.121. ;) We'll pray!

Jill said...

Praying for you too!

We just sent in our I-600A today and are praying for a miraculously quick approval too! We serve an awesome and powerful God!

Just curious, have you thought about contacting your US representative to help expediting it? I haven't yet...

Gretchen said...

We pray everything is done in time! Can't wait for you to see your children!

Gretchen

Gretchen said...

Please contact your Senator's office...talk to the constituent representative and let them know that if this approval isn't done quickly it will not get processed until....date. Send a picture, etc....let me know if you need a copy of what we sent.

Apparently you ask them to do an "inquiry" which flags your 1-600 and puts it on the top.....

Blessings.

Katie said...

I hope that everything works out before winter hits! Crossing my fingers and praying for you guys.

Lacey said...

Have you tried going down to the office and see if they'll just do it? That worked for us. My computer is down so I feel so out of the loop! If your dossier is done and ready than when you get your I171h you can hurry and send it out!

 




  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP