Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Here!? There!? Huh!?

Yesterday I was able to take the kids to go berry picking and spend an incredible day with fresh air and fresh berries to fill the bellies of my kidlets. While stuffing my mouth with blueberries, I received a call from the chief deputy at the assessor's office telling me that the notary I arranged to meet him in order to notarize his signature for a document - never showed.

Ugh.

Okay! No problem. He was gracious enough to say that he would meet me at the local credit union to notarize his signature. WOW! What a kind offer. He then said he would give me a call later this week and we could arrange for it. Whew!

Well, this morning was a sllllooooowwww morning. With Justus having woke up through the night and a busy day behind us, I was just exhausted. In my mind, I thought today would be a lazy sort of catch up on laundry, no need to look pretty, let the kids wear pajamas ... day. I get a call at 9:30 from our very kind chief deputy asking if he could meet me in an hour to notarize the document. AAAHHHHH!! I wipe the baby slobber from my cheek and take quick note of my pajama attire, six ragamuffin kids and very calmly said .... "That's no problem, I'll be there!"

I get to the credit union with time to spare, but when I sit for awhile - panic sets in. Did he know WHICH credit union?!? Ohhhhh nooooooo....

Sure enough, about a quarter to ten, he calls. He went to the wrong bank. So - our very kind gentleman asks if we can still just get this done now? AMEN! Oh, and by the way, he has no car - can I pick him up?

~~~ Now remember that we just berry picked ALL day yesterday with six grubby kiddos and one tired momma. ~~~~ my car is a WRECK!

~~~ I reply - "Sure Mike, not a problem, be there soon!"

I run out of the credit union with kids in tow. Quickly buckle said kids in, and get to work "cleaning" my car. After all, the CHIEF DEPUTY is about to ride in my mommy mobile. I look for my baby wipes, and guess what - not one in the diaper bag! Panicked, I toss all various and sundry items to the back seat where Mike won't be able to see them. I grab a water bottle and a bright pink baby bib and start scrubbing my car down. You know, the coffee dribble, and cracker crumbs that have somehow mixed together to create - well ... just plain groddiness.

I speed ... ahem, I mean drive efficiently to the assessor's office and sweetly smile as Mike climbs in. I'm sweating by now and silently praying that kids stay sweet for the car ride.

We get to the credit union, notarize the document, make small talk, and safely return the county's most gracious employee back to his office. No one is hurt, no need to fret. The document is now DONE! Thank you Lord for making this little adventure fun and exciting, and for reminding me that you can and will provide the means to get these things done.

~ whew ~

... I need some serious caffeine ...

8 comments:

Joy said...

:):) That made me smile! :):) You're the BEST! :):)

Renee said...

I'm tired just reading about your day. (Or is it this headache I've had for two days.) I was expecting some other diaper realted mishap the way you kept meantioning the berries. LoL. It's happened to me before. I'd say you were blessed it didn't happen to you. Very engaging writting as usual. Perhaps you should write a book.

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you got it all done! You are an insperation Charissa! Thank you for sharing your adventure :)

handstrustinhim said...

Love this post. I wish i were in the house and car for this adventure!! At least the 6 kiddos were not driving off without you and the deputy chief in the front passenger seat with faring nostrils and his eyeballs popping out of his head....LOL....I am soooooo cracking up at even the thought of our whole ordeal replaying itself in this instance......Oh.....what good times and laughs we have my sweet friend. God does take care of your needs even with ragamuffin lookin kids and a groddie mommy mobile.

Jenny said...

Haha!! Great story!! Praise the Lord that it got done, no matter how! Yay for that. I can just picture you with the water bottle and bib, lol... memorable times, I'm sure! Thanks for sharing this wonderful little story! Where God guides... God provides...

Walking With Christ said...

WOW!!! What a day!! I'm thinking something along the lines of superwoman. LOL!! Praise the Lord that you got what you needed to get done and that the Lord provided a way!

Tracey Sharp said...

Thats so great that he was so kind but I had to laugh at your day as thats certainly my everyday life as well!!

Lacey said...

Oh I'm so glad that part is done! but this waiting part is just as bad! Hopefully tomorrow they'll tell us we are submitted! Keep your fingers crossed.

 




  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP